Potatoes are widely known for their versatility. For example, you can get different receipts on how to cook potatoes, roast, grill, or bake it. Baked potatoes are an all-time favorite because they come out with crispy skin and fluffy insides. They are an exciting way to spice up our dishes with friends and family. Spice up your next date or event by serving a baked potato with spicy fillings for friends and family.
Techniques Used in Cooking Baked Potatoes
There are several methods on how to cook potatoes or bake them. Below are some of the most delicious recipes on our list. The key to the perfect baked potato starts from choosing the right potatoes. For baking, we recommend Russet potatoes. This is because they have high starch content that makes the insides fluffy when baked right. This is because they have high starch content that makes the insides fluffy when baked right.
- Baked Potato with Servings using an Oven
● Set the oven timer at 400 F
● Scrub the potatoes thoroughly; you want the skin clean. Then poke holes in the potatoes. This is to prevent it from bursting open in the oven because there is no outlet for moisture.
● Oil or apply butter to the potatoes. Apply salt, too. This helps the skin of the potatoes to be crispy as it bakes.
● Place the potatoes on a baking sheet without any foil papers. Wait for 45- 55 minutes.
● The potato is ready if it has slightly brown skin or can be pierced through with a fork.
● Allow cooling for a while, then open.
● You add toppings like crumbled bacon, black pepper, and cheese.
2. Baked Potatoes Using a Microwave
Using a microwave to bake a potato saves time. It usually takes an average of 10 to 15mins to bake.
● First, wash the potatoes under running water.
● Pierce, the potato, then coat with oil or and salt.
● Cook on high setting for 5 minutes
● Flip the potato and heat in 1-minute turning the potato at intervals until the skin looks golden brown, and it feels tends
● Be sure to turn at intervals so as not to have uneven cooking.
● Open up the baked potato and add black beans, sour cream, and spices to taste.
Know that you know how to cook a baked potato, take out time to test out these techniques, and find out which one works best for you.