Investment immigration in Canada is a highly attractive option for investors. There are many investor programs that are offered by the Canadian government, which can provide a pathway to citizenship for foreign investors and their families.
Introduction To Investment Immigration In Canada
Canada is a popular destination for investment immigration. As an investor, you can apply for one of many investment immigration canada programs. There are many different options available, including:
- Business Immigration
- Skilled Worker Immigration
- Self-Employment Immigration
The FSWP-Federal Skilled Worker Program
The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is the most popular and highly regarded of Canada’s immigration programs. It targets skilled workers who are already living in Canada and want to live there permanently. The program requires that you have at least one year of full-time work experience (for all applicants) or 1,560 hours of paid work experience within the last ten years (for temporary residents). The Canadian government may approve your application even if you do not meet these criteria, but they will first assess your overall profile by assessing points based on your education, language skills, work experience and age.
The FSWP was designed for people who have a job offer or who can prove they will be able to support themselves financially in Canada without relying on public assistance.
Provincial Nominee Programs And Business Class Immigration For Capital Investment
The Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) allow a province or territory to nominate someone who has the skills and experience that are needed in that particular province.
There are two types of PNP programs: a standard program and an accelerated one. Under the standard program, applicants can apply for Canadian permanent residence after they receive a nomination certificate. By contrast, under the accelerated version, they must have already received their Canadian permanent residence before applying for nomination approval.
Immigrant Investor/Entrepreneur Program Investors
The Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Pilot Program is a government-assisted program that allows eligible investors to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
The program is currently accepting applications, but every year there is a limited amount of spots available and this number does not increase each year.
To be eligible for the Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Pilot Program, you must:
- Be 18 years old or older;
- Have at least CAD$1 million net worth (assets minus liabilities) for your spouse and dependents included on your application;
- Commit to investing CAD$2 million over five years in an active venture capital fund managed by BDC Capital Inc.;
- Have a personal net worth of at least CAD$10 million;
- Make an investment of at least $200,000 into the BDC Capital Growth Fund II within three months after becoming a permanent resident of Canada or six months after being granted Canadian citizenship if you acquired it by marriage;
- Make an additional investment equal to 5 percent of your initial investment within 18 months after becoming a permanent resident or 24 months after being granted Canadian citizenship if you acquired it by marriage;
Canada is a popular destination for investors and entrepreneurs seeking to build their lives in a new country. The country’s welcoming culture, safety, and economic stability make it an ideal location for those who want to start businesses or work in Canada. With the various types of investor immigration programs available, it’s easy to find one that meets your needs.